Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pay Homage

 
 
The mixtape that is currently king in my earphones,
 hands down is Pay Homage by VA Pete.
 
I'm big on instrumental selection for mixtapes.
It's easy to pick the instrumental or sound that is current and that every other rapper is using on their tapes but VA Pete has chosen the songs that successfully highlight the intensity he achieves in his lyrics and tone.
 
He brings rap back to a time where hip-hop and rap were two different entities and you could dicipher the two. (Yes, there is a difference.)
 
Though a self-proclaimed hip-hop head, there are times I want to listen to rap.
Just raw bars full of emotion and hunger.
 
For those post-80s babies who swear that what they hear on the radio is rap and think they hear bars, they should listen to this and re-assess their opinion of genre.
Click the link at the top, get back to me and tell me what you think.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment