Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Analog girl in a digital world"- E. Badu

Facebook, myspace, and *cough* tumblr only force me to be socially lethargic. What else could you expect from a technologically obese world though? Maybe I should go on a digital diet.


I have noticed my WPM increase dramatically and I appreciate the sexy resume upgrade but I have to be cognizant not to forget the quality of good ol’ human interaction. 


It saddens me that I’ll subconsciously trade colloquialisms like “Call you later!” for “Inbox me!”. My mini-feed and dashboard will replace my coveted morning Politico and The Washington Post. Before you know it, I’ll forget how to acknowledge an acquaintance with a pleasant greeting but be sure to text a smiley face later when I get off the elevator so they won’t think I was dissing them. 


I should pass out a hug per email or something. That should burn off some cyber carbs right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment