Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Parallel Landfills

Just something I wrote after a weighted phone convo. It has been trapped in my blackberry long enough…

They come to dump their junk, their unwanted things. The mess that has piled up in their space has become overwhelming and unwelcome so they drop it off here. I retain it all until it spills over only to make more room for more mess. The clutter starts to run over into each other and has no breathing room. A stench forms that sticks in the air. It travels, it doesn’t dissipate for miles, choking everyone it meets. Did they not know that there was stuff here already? Pre-existing piles of tattered trash that were waiting to be compacted or better yet burned. They don’t care, they tell me secrets, they vent to release their woes but they don’t know where it truly goes. It goes through my ears only to lay and gather in my mind. Their breakthrough, my burden. Their spring cleaning has only littered my temple. God please teach them to recycle and turn their own trash to treasure. I’m filled to capacity. *exhale*

No comments:

Post a Comment